Global Help Desk Services Inc. uses the following methodology to determine your pricing options:
1. Establish Monthly Incident Volume
Together, we need to determine your minimum monthly incident volume. As we have said in our FAQs section, sometimes the help desk industry uses "per incident" and "per call" interchangeably. We have done that as well. But, we primarily charge on a "per incident" basis. If you already know how many incidents you receive on a monthly basis, we can use that figure.
Here's a simple rule-of-thumb you should use when considering your monthly incident volume:
1. The higher the monthly incident volume commit, the lower the price per incident.
2. The lower the monthly incident volume commit, the higher the price per incident.
2. Determine Hours of Coverage
The key question for you here is whether your hours of support coverage are typical business hours Monday through Friday, or do you need something like 5x24 or 7x24 support. There are premiums associated with 5x24 or 7x24 support. If you require foreign language support then consider what hours of coverage you will need and what time zone calls will originate from. For example, do you need business hours support for Chinese to support calls originating in China?
3. Identify Service To Be Provided
Here are some questions to help you identify the services you will need:
- Application Support: What software applications will you want support for?
- Hardware Diagnosis: Any hardware diagnosis required? Any on-site dispatch, warranty services or escalation services required? To who?
Our front-line hardware diagnosis and escalation services can include:
- - First-line support for field personnel and their hardware.
- - Warranty repair/replacement order processing including submission to a 3rd party service provider or your internal IT department.
- - First-line support for internal employees and their hardware.
- - Dispatching an on-site technician from your internal IT department or a 3rd party service provider.
- Network Connectivity Support: Do you need desktop user connectivity support?
- User Administration: Do you need user ids created and/or mailboxes created?
- Customized 800# and Greeting: Do you want your own dedicated 800# and personalized greeting?
Your dedicated toll free number and greeting include:
- - Dedicated toll free access to our help desk agents.
- - Personalized greeting that gives your callers the comfort they are calling their own IT department.
- - Dedicated statistics on that toll free line giving you a clear picture of phone calls received.
- - SAMPLE customized greeting: "ABC Company technical support, this is (Analyst name), how may I help you?"
- Internet Call Tracking Access: Will your staff need access to our call tracking system to enter, edit, or view call tickets via the Internet?
Using our state-of-the-art help desk software, we are able to offer you web-based access to your tickets. You can:
- - Retrieve and view your call tickets through the Internet, VPN connection, or dedicated circuit.
- - Escalate (reassign) calls to a 3rd party service provider or your internal IT department.
- - Eliminate your own internal call tracking system and use ours through the Internet.
- - Provide a seamless integration of all support teams and full audit trail on any issue.
- Online CHAT Support: Do you want your users to be able to submit a request via an online CHAT session?
- Remote Control Assistance: Do you want permission-based remote control of your user's PCs so that we can walk your user through the resolution, while they watch; thereby, reducing the call resolution time and improving the personal touch to your caller?
There's nothing more satisfying to a caller than quick, efficient resolution of their problem by a friendly help desk agent. Our remote control software assistance provides you with:
- - Permission-based remote control of your caller's PC.
- - Step-by-step voice and visual resolution of your caller's issue.
- - Ability for the caller to see the help desk agent controlling their PC's mouse and keyboard.
- - Ability for the caller to regain full control of their PC at any time; especially at the end of the call.
- Proprietary Application Support: Do you have non-standard applications you need support for? Can you provide us with training on your application(s) easily? If not, have you identified the top ten frequently asked questions and their answers? Would you like to have those front-ended by our help desk?
We can provide you with proprietary application support using one of the following three approaches:
- Call Routing Only: Using this approach you are providing a single point of contact to your callers. We are taking the call, logging the call, and simply escalating to your internal team according to pre-defined processes.
- Top Ten FAQs: Using this approach we would offload some of the support from you by resolving calls associated with the top ten frequently asked questions. All other calls would be escalated to your internal team according to pre-defined processes.
- Full Support Using this approach you would provide our team with training on your application(s) in order to resolve a high percentage of calls upon first contact.
- Foreign Language Support: Do you have foreign language requirements? What hours of coverage are absolutely required versus 'nice to have'? What call volume is expected for that language during those hours of coverage?
- Service Level Objectives: What is your expectation for service levels such as average speed of answer, abandon rate (%), or response time to email requests?
- Customer Satisfaction Survey: Would you like to have your employees and/or customers surveyed each month to measure the customer satisfaction level?
- Reporting: What kind of reports do you want to see and how frequently? Monthly Summary? Category Report? Ticket Count by Location? We have standard reports we will offer you, but think about what will make you more effective as a support group.
The help desk industry divides support into three tiers (or levels):
Tier 1 Support
Tier 1 provides basic software application and/or hardware support to callers.
Tier 2 Support
Tier 3 Support
Tier 3 provides support on complex hardware and network operating system software and usually involves certified systems engineers. Call lengths on Tier 3 vary widely depending upon the type of incident.
As part of out outsourced help desk services, we provide Tier 1, a blended Tier 1 and Tier 2, and some Tier 3 Support (depending upon the support required).
Simply fill out the form to speak to our team of experts about the best pricing option for your business. Not ready to speak to an expert yet? We invite you to try our Help Desk Cost of Support ROI Calculator to get a clearer picture of your current help desk costs.